Lanette over at Cottage Elements is playing a little game of tag and it seems I'm it! Check out her post "Six Things About Me?" Okay, I'll play along. It's a bit difficult coming up with six things about me because, quite frankly, I'm a bit boring. (does that count as #1?)
1. I married my high-school sweetheart. We've only been married for 12 years, but some days it feels like....well....12 years. Seriously, when I count my blessings, he's on the top of the list.
2. My two daughters mean the world to me. In my opinion, nothing teaches you more about life, unconditional love, heartache, joy, pride, and yes even frustration-than having children...and those two can hands down make me feel each and every one of the afore-mentioned emotions on any given day! But, I wouldn't trade them for anything.
3. I grew up in the country and I currently live in the country, and that's just fine by me. I've lived in big cities, and while that certainly has its advantages (namely cultural and shopping!) fresh air and wide open spaces (insert Dixie Chicks background music) are where it's at for this junk girl! I could however, do without the wind!
4. I am the youngest of six children. Six children within 10 years. Not a totally huge family really, but big by today's standards. When I ask my mother how she did it (or why) she says "It's all a blur."
5. When I was about 5 0r 6, during a family vacation, my parents left me at a rest area. Not kidding. Picture six kids, plus one or two cousins in a Winnebago for miles on end. We stopped at a rest area to dump some trash. I had to "go." I came out and they were gone. Had my brother not been searching for me (probably to pick a fight) I might still be missing. It may have only been for about 15 minutes, but it was an eternity to me. Mom, is this when the blur started?
6. I cannot snap my fingers. It doesn't make me a bad person. My fingers just refuse to work as a team. I think it has something to do with #5 above.
Now I get to pick 6 people to play along! They are:
1. Anne at Indefinately definite...
2. Andrea...aka "JunkGirl" of Junk-Fest fame!
3. Darcie at Quilting by Darcie
4. Dana at Old Red Barn Co.
5. Janna at Artsy Fartsy Finds
6. Toni at The Tattered Cottage
Okay people, share six things about yourself, pick 6 new people to tag and don't forget to inform them! Please make sure you link back to this post. Isn't it about time we all get to know each other?