Time is passing by quickly...only 72 days till JunkFest 2009 and there's much to do. It's time to grit my teeth, get a cup of coffee and get to work!
An exciting day for me...Amy at Whisperwood Cottage had named me as one of her featured followers. I am very honored! Whisperwood Cottage is a wonderful blog and has been a great inspiration to me. And that's not all...Amy has also honored me with a Kreativ Blogger Award. How sweet! Now I know I owe an apology because we've been awarded a few things before and even Andrea has named me as a recipient and I didn't quite find the time to follow through with the rules of the award. So I'll give it a go now. The rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award are to name and thank the person who gave you the award (named above), list 7 things about yourself, and forward the award on to 7 new recipients. And comment on the recipient's blogs the let them know they have an award.
Now, this is the hard part. Seven interesting things about me. I can come up with many more than 7 THINGS about me but "interesting"? Not sure about that one. Here goes.
1. I've lived in the same county all my life. (except for one summer I stayed with my Great Aunt)
2. I tell everyone I'm 5 feet tall. Lie. We won't talk about my weight here.
3. There are crumbs on my counter....ALL the time. And I don't care, because I've learned there are more important things in life than nit-picking.
4. I've learned the hard way that no one, I mean no one, is immune to tragedy and crime. Both have hit my family like a brick.
5. From the experiences in #4 I've learned that I have the strongest family in the world. Life happens. Our responsibility is to pick up, move on, and LIVE.
6. My blogging hours are from 10:00pm to 1:30 am. Sometimes I blog with only one eye open.
7. Junking is one of my most favorite hobbies. Some of my others are quilting and camping with my family.
There, I did it. For tonight I name all the Junk-Fest followers who have the letter M in their blog name. (sorry, too late to link everyone) Again THANKS, to all of you. For the award, for reading our blog, and for sharing the love of junk. Now either get to work...or go to bed. ;)