I had a teaser post on these a while back. (Click HERE to see.) They've since been finished...and have found their new homes! I hope their new owners are enjoying them as much as I did making them!
Above is the finished product...do you believe they started like this:
Both frames were dismantled and painted. I cut MDF for each frame, painted one with chalkboard paint and the music themed print with just a base color. I like to lay out and trace stencils simply for placement on a print...then when I'm satisfied with the total layout of the project I use the stencils again to stipple the lettering and design.
When I finished the entire board I lightly sanded the entire surface so it wouldn't look so "fresh". Since all the words on this project had a musical theme I decided it was more than fitting to cover the mat with sheet music.
This table was a set of treadle legs repurposed with a table-top type surface added. I wanted it to have a bit more of a fun flare than just a plain painted top. I applied the same treatment as above but only ran the words around the edge of the table. I hope it's new owner finds inspiration with every task performed at this funky table!