Monday, November 23, 2009

My PB Knockoff

I love you Pottery Barn. Your prices? Not so much. I've been eyeballing a pharmacy-style floor lamp in the PB catalog for some time now, but it refuses to go on sale. For $299 I can get this baby:

Gorgeous, eh? Or, for a mere $199 I can select from these:

Here's a little something about me you may not know: I'm a lamp wh_re. You fill in the blank. I have a tendency to buy/change out lamps quite often. It doesn't make me a bad person. I think I sold 6 (or more) lamps at my last garage sale. When you can get lamps for $15-$20 at places like Gordman's, why not treat them like fashion accessories?
I happened across this beauty at Home Depot the other day. Notice it's shiny nickel finish? Not exactly what I was shooting for, but us junk girls know how to remedy situations like this.

Rustoleum now has an oil-rubbed bronze spray paint that was just the color I was looking for. So for $69 and a few bucks for the spray paint, this is what I got:

The above picture is a truer indication of the color. The photo below makes the lamp look more graphite in color. Either way, not the shiny nickel it once was.

Yeah, I know I need a pillow or throw for the chair. And maybe a little something on the wall. I'm getting there. I just wanted to show you my PB knock-off! What do you think?


  1. You're one smart gal, same cool look at 1/4 of the price. Love it! I really love the look of all your autumn accessorized shelving from the previous post! Happy Thanksgiving!

  2. Cassie, I love it. I too love PB but not the prices. So cool when you can get the look for less. That is what us junkers thrive for I think. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

  3. Great Job ! and a good lesson for all of us ! I love looking through those catalogs ( Sturbridge Yankee Workshop & the Country House are some of my favorites) but most of the things I REALLY love, I figure I can make ( that is if I want it bad enough ! )

    Love your new picture on top. . . you gals look great "framed" !

    Happy T Day !


  4. Clever girl!! You fabulousized it and then some!

    ...and you're not a lamp wh*re. (ok, maybe just a little bit) ;)

  5. That's what I love the most about blogging...I get to learn something new every day!
    Your lamp looks like it could be the PB catalog.

  6. I think you are genius!!! And I think that perhaps there are some lamps awaiting your ;-)

  7. Love the shape of your new lamp, and of course the "new" color! You're not alone in the world of lamp lust! :)

  8. Love what you've done with this lamp Cassie. Great inspiration and a fabulous idea.
    Stop over and see my blog. I finally have the 100th post give away going on now. Ha! It only took me 103 posts to do it though.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you girls.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...